Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ollie Goes To Boston

We took the Ollinator on an outing to the big city. He got to ride elevators,picnic on the common, and stroll through the public garden. He had to be held back from a swim and bird chase in the duck pond. There were plenty of perfectly good ducks and swans just sitting there, too. We then took a walk down Charles Street and went into the pet store where he was welcomed by the two dogs in there. My favorite part was watching him walk by the front door of the Ritz Carlton with his head up high casually eyeing the doormen and checking out the limos. He was so well behaved that we could actually pass him off as a refined city dog.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Ollie handles elevators better than Chili. Chili hugs the floor.

cash and hash said...

I used to have a dog that did that going over foot bridges. It was amazing how flat he could make himself! Did you get Chili as a puppy?

Anonymous said...

We got Chili when she was between 3-5 yrs old according to the Humane Society. That was 2001. She fits my lifestyle. Mellow, obedient, sweet. I wanted a dog that I did not have to worry about stepping on but still fit in my Toyota. And she came housebroken. I tell people that my dog and my children are my best selling points.