Monday, October 27, 2008

Uncle Buddy~ James Cashman

My Uncle Buddy ~
I have only one close relative. No Grandmas, no Grandpas. Nobody ever close to me. Just one uncle. I have always held him at bay, maybe because I had no idea how to relate to him, maybe just because of my ineptitude. I was always in awe of him, maybe because he represented a person that was able to call things as they were..no bullshit, no time to waste...maybe because he always represented a part of my dad that was never expressed. I'll never be sure. I don't know, but what I do know is, that I loved him. I'm grateful for the time that he gave me to ask my stupid questions. I'm grateful that he gave me the photos to copy and the information to fill in the gaps. I'm grateful for the time given, and sad for the time never requested...we learn. The hard way sometimes, but we learn. Uncle Buddy died this morning.
I feel a loss.. more than can be expressed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. We lost a close Uncle as well this past week.

cash and hash said...

Thank you Mark. Sorry to hear of your uncle as well.