Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fenway Park ..13 to 4 Boston!

Burt has a brush with fame. Look ..he's standing right behind Schilling and Trot!!!! What are the chances of that! Even more exciting, Nixon doesn't even play for us anymore. Wow.
Papelbon winds up. Not sure what Youkilis is doing.

Manny on first and Ortiz on second . Hence the binoculars.

We were incredible dorks. Burt in his Daisuke Tee shirt and me in my Sox sweat shirt, small radio tuned to the game in Burt's pocket and we split the earphones. Best of all, our small binoculars focused in on the players. It all felt very normal while in the park. After getting back to the suburbs on the T and going into a restaurant for dinner...suddenly the clothing and gear felt oddly out of place.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Yankees!

cash and hash said...

It was nice knowing you, Mark.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! Ok Ok! For the 2 years at Boston U, I never set foot in Fenway Park (or Nickerson Field for that matter). Been to Yankee Stadium twice(?) when I was in Cub Scouts.

Michael wants to see a Portland Timbers soccer game here at PGE Park mainly for the rowdy section experience.

As you can tell I'm not big on spectator sports.

cash and hash said...

As your comment was made without malicious intent and simply out of pure ignorance...I will find it in my heart to forgive you ;)